Chaos Vortex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off To Market

3 posters

Go down

Off To Market Empty Off To Market

Post by Filua Prelle Nuj Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:07 pm

Scenario:
With a stop by the Rift, the current Team TARDIS has a probably less-than-chance encounter with a woman who's equally less-than-human. Leave it to Cardiff to always be at the corner of Alien and Trouble.
Filua Prelle Nuj
Filua Prelle Nuj

Currency : 9825

Back to top Go down

Off To Market Empty Re: Off To Market

Post by Filua Prelle Nuj Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:09 pm

The woman calling herself Meredith Cooke had spent a good portion of the afternoon following the end of her work day perusing the large indoor farmer's market in Cardiff city centre. And by 'perusing' one of course meant 'indulging in all the café snacks and stocking up on groceries for the fifth time this week'. Despite the extremely different variety of foodstuffs the line of produce stands and other specialty foods was a little slice of home, and it wasn't as if she had much else to do. An increased amount of static interference that the television company had been apologizing to all of them about had left the woman lacking for desire to watch anymore tele-visual entertainment. That 'Eastenders' could wait.

In the end the redhead had exited with a piece of rolling luggage full of grocery items along with a big bag of pretzel rods in the same hand as the luggage handle, one of the salty bread sticks currently sticking out from between pursed lips.

Goodness, even though it was a type of paradise for her she was glad to finally get out of the place, if only because green eyes had caught several more people staring. Really! Just because she was already half through the bag in her grip...and had a couple empty bags sticking out of a pocket of the luggage...and had been finishing off a large frozen yogurt on her way in... Hmph. Humans could be so nosy.

The Salusian quickly chomped down on the stick and paused to replace it before continuing down the street towards the train station that would take her back to the little apartment on the city outskirts. Ugh, trains. There was another borderline pet peeve. Earth really was a primitive planet, they didn't even have basic teleporters like Salus. And it was over a five minute walk to the wheeled transport! She was beginning to think that if other forces didn't kill her, this world would work her body to death.

Another minute in and there was another pause for another snack refresher, though this time 'Meredith' chose to take a short break and enjoy the weather. It was warm but overcast (her freckled skin was safe for now), and there was a refreshing breeze for the first time that week. Eyes closed with a faint smile as she allowed herself to enjoy it and lifted her arms in a small stretch...only to promptly get bumped into since she had paused in the middle of a somewhat busy sidewalk.

"Hey, watch it!"

"Ah! I-I'm sorreh...!" The soft accent that had come from the woman was one bordering on Welsh yet with a hint of...not...though that also could have been due to the pretzel rod shoved in her mouth at the time.

Being met with a grunt as the businessman continued past, she sighed to herself and reached back down for the handle of the rolling luggage, only to pause with a curious arch of the brow when her fingers didn't brush the familiar plastic in the place it was supposed to be. Now where...? Attention shifted down and back. Oh, there it was, rolling backwards down the bit of a hill she'd come from.

...Wait, what?! "Oh no no no..! Come back!" And instinctively the redhead tossed another pretzel between her teeth and took off after it, flailing a bit as a sign of needing help on the way. "Someone please stop that bag..!"
Filua Prelle Nuj
Filua Prelle Nuj

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eleventh Doctor Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:22 pm

A chuckle escaped his lips as his fingers slid underneath the handle, and he pulled it up. Seeing the running/flailing woman, he lifted it up with ease, smiling with a sliver of his White teeth through his lips."I take it that this is your bag?" he asked her, his voice questioning without a hint of accent. He'd only use an accent if he must. Like with Queen Vicky .. Oh, I let that slip, he thought to himself.

The man glanced around with his blue eyes, at the passing humans that he did not recognise, bar maybe one or two. Not well-known humans. Just some that he'd seen in the past few years on his Cardiff visits. How many know me ..? he questioned himself, whilst he ran his free hand - and of course fingers - through his ginger hair, as he looked back towards the owner of the bag.

She wasn't human, he could guess that. There was something about her that just didn't fit, but he couldn't put a finger on it. She seemed to stand out from the others. Maybe it was just his experience, or it was just noticeable.
The Eleventh Doctor
The Eleventh Doctor
The Eleventh Doctor
The Eleventh Doctor

Currency : 10008

https://chaosvortex.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Filua Prelle Nuj Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:43 pm

"I'm sorry! E-excuse me! Sorry! Please I need to--!" No no no, why did it have to be a hill?! She was probably the individual on this planet that was most in need of not exercising, but there she was desperately running in the wake of the bag trying to slip herself past people who had tried to get back to their normal walk after avoiding the careening object.

The ginger's trek had luckily been cut short fairly quickly when she saw a man on the path reach and latch onto the handle before it got any further. Oh, thank goodness..! Prelle was quick to skid slightly out of her downhill jog and halt just across from him, though she first had to lean forward with palms pressed against her thighs as she attempted to reclaim her lost breath. Oh, sprinting so suddenly had been a bad idea... Not that losing her groceries would have been much better, mind you, but the process was sped up in this case. After a moment she'd reached into a pocket of her khaki capris and popped what looked to be a few medicinal gel capsules into her mouth, swallowing them dry. Pure sodium chloride. That should even things out.

"I take it that this is your bag?"

Blinking, green eyes slowly lifted to come face-to-handle with her bag, which was gratefully accepted before she straightened herself out to look at her helper, breaths steadily become deeper and less frequent. "Y-yes, thank you so much..!" With her goods back on hand she'd reached into the opened compartment and picked up a few more pretzel rods out of a bag, munching on them quickly. "Ah should haf bin more," gulp, "careful..."
Filua Prelle Nuj
Filua Prelle Nuj

Back to top Go down

Post by The Insane Master Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:52 pm

The Time Lord decided that it was about time he took a shower...after all he did promise himself that he would after hugging him. That was the worst thing that he had possibly ever done and would never do it again, never ever. In fact, from what he could remember, that was the worst thing ever. He had never been nice to the younger Time Lord, even on Gallifrey at the Academy. He was glad to see that he had managed to get the younger Time Lord off his back, for now anyway. Until he found him and started giving him a lecture on walking away from him while he is talking, and so on. Oh how he hated those lectures, he'd find that they would go on for hours on end, sometimes he thought that it was just one continuous babble where he didn't take a second to take another breath. Maybe it was just one continuous babble. He didn't really care or take notice, he'd just go off into his thoughts, zoning out, therefore blocking the lecturing Time Lord out.

Approximately ten minutes later, he emerged from the shower with a towel wrapped around him tightly, as the cold air of the TARDIS seemed a little harsh for his skin. His gaze flickered to the mirror mounted on the wall near him and walked over to it, wiping the steam off the mirror to see himself. His dirty blonde air -blonde with natural brown highlights- flopping lazily over his forehead, almost reaching his eyes. Shaking his head, he flicked his hair, like a dog that was wet from jumping into the water and smiled a little. Humming to himself, he slipped back into his red T-shirt, black hoodie, black tracky bottoms and shoes, dumping the towel into a hatch. The TARDIS always seemed to have it open, like she wanted it out the way and cleaned immediately.

He ran a hand through his damp hair, while walking back to the console. Left here. He thought mentally and turned left to be faced with a dead-end. Ok, not left. Don't say she's changed the rooms around again! He thought to himself again, getting a little annoyed. It must have been half an hour since the dead-end when he finally ended up where he wanted to be, the console room. "Doctor!" He hissed, now really annoyed, "Can you tell your stupid TARDIS to stop changing the rooms around! I almost ended up being flattened when I opened a door to a load of boxes that almost fell onto me." He narrowed his eyes at him before he left the TARDIS. He just wished that she'd behave for once.

Sighing, he shook his head and walked towards the doors after the Doctor. Seeing he had stopped, he growled slightly, impatient and shoved past him. "You might be a skinny wreck but you take up most of the room." He snarled then paused, his eyes darting to the women. He raised a brow, watching in amusement then shook his head. "People nowadays." He said to himself quietly and sighed, standing more or less next to the Doctor.

Last edited by The Insane Master on Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Insane Master
The Insane Master
The Master
The Master

Currency : 9915

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eleventh Doctor Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:05 pm

He nodded, jumping when the Master just .. He didn't appear, but the shock of his sudden appearance. After being shoved to the side, he had a temptation to push him back, but he was trying to be the mature one again. He'd had his fun. "Quit it. I wish you had been flattened .." he grumbled to his older brother, closing the TARDIS door, as the Master hadn't shut him himself. He would've used the old Earth phrase 'raised in a barn', but he'd been brought up with him, so it wouldn't be correct at all.

He nodded to the woman, properly, in response,
"No problem. You're not from near here, are you?"[/color] His question was rather blunt, but there were no humans close enough to listen in, and it was the quickest chance to get to find out.
The Eleventh Doctor
The Eleventh Doctor
The Eleventh Doctor
The Eleventh Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Filua Prelle Nuj Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:26 pm

A thin brow quirked in a slightly curious manner as another man had shoved the first out of the way, the two having a quick exchange of words. It was obvious they weren't strangers and a slight nod of apology was given for having bothered them on their own trip through the city, not really having noticed the blue box either had come from.

She'd barely managed to make sure her things were gathered and turn to get back home as quickly (or technically as slowly as not to cause another fit) as she could when she was spoken to again, blinking to swiftly look back,

"No problem. You're not from near here, are you?"

"...Eh?" It hadn't been a question she'd expected from someone on the street, though honestly given she only figured the two to be humans from the area (or maybe not considering the lack of Welsh accents) she assumed 'Cardiff' was the meaning of 'near here'. "...Well, sort of, yes and no," she began with a slight shrug of the shoulders, trying to be as nonchalant as possible as her thoughts went to the story she'd been given to use. "I-I mean I am now, but I'm originally from a tiny village further north called Llanwrtyd Wells..." ...Yep, practically the smallest town in Wales and almost all of Britain. That didn't seem a bit staged. Not at all. No sir.

...It wasn't her fault, blame the SP for giving her the biggest cop-out of a backstory ever. Little chance of people getting suspicious of someone from a village they've never been to, right? But technically neither had she...

A nervously sheepish half-grin was offered, scratching at her right temple momentarily with the free hand. She wasn't quite sure what proper Earth etiquette dictated in situations like this, generally keeping to herself just in case...but it would have been rude to just up and leave without answering when he'd helped her. "...Are you both from out of town..? If you're looking for someplace, I would be glad to help. It's the least I can do."

It hadn't taken long to second guess her choice of words, seeing as how they could easily be locals and that might have been rude. Well, shoot.
Filua Prelle Nuj
Filua Prelle Nuj

Back to top Go down

Post by The Insane Master Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:39 pm

"Ohh yeah, you'd love that wouldn't you? Well tough, your not getting rid of me that easily, dispite how much I hate you." The Master said to the Doctor quietly before his gaze fixed back onto the lady infront. After a quick glance up and down her, sort of studying her, he looked back at her face, now a little curious. Now that he wasn't complaining at the Doctor or the TARDIS, he realised what the Doctor had asked her and why.

Hearing what the lady said, he rolled his eyes, "Wrong, try again." He said bluntly, not in the mood to be told lies. Like what the Doctor had noticed, he noticed it too. Definately not from here and knowing the Doctor, he'd try to talk her into saying where she was from. But he liked to get straight to the point.
"That has to be the worst explination ever." He said, not caring he if was sounding rude or harsh. Having just been almost flattened by boxes and walking around the TARDIS for half an hour, he really wasn't in the mood.

"You could say that." He replied to her question, side glancing at the Doctor before fixing back onto the lady. "You said we'd only be here for ten minutes at the maximum." He hissed to the Doctor quietly, for his ears only, warning him. He didn't want to stay on Earth longer than nessicary.
The Insane Master
The Insane Master
The Master
The Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eleventh Doctor Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:51 pm

"Hold on. Now you want to stay with me?" he questioned, raising an eyebrow at him. The Master didn't want to get out? There was a surprise. "Just so you know, I'm still tempted by the whole idea of shooting you," he muttered, although he was only joking.

He looked at the woman, ignoring his tone. Cheer up. Don't make me paint a clown face on you. Oh .. Brilliant pictures of Harold Saxon on the Internet with a clown face, he laughed in the Master's head. He would love to do that.
"Excuse his tone. He's never in a good mood. But .. Where are you really from? I don't mean Cardiff. Or Wales. Britain, the world .. I mean, planets," he responded to her.

The Doctor glared at the Master, noting his annoyance.
"Just for that, we will be staying for as long as I like. Without you forming some kind of plan," he hissed back at him. He didn't answer the question. The Master had summed up his answer.
The Eleventh Doctor
The Eleventh Doctor
The Eleventh Doctor
The Eleventh Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Filua Prelle Nuj Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:21 pm

"Wrong, try again."

"I-I'm sorry..?" The woman blinked in confusion, not quite sure what he meant...or at least hoping that she didn't know what he meant.

"That has to be the worst explanation ever."

"Excuse his tone. He's never in a good mood. But .. Where are you really from? I don't mean Cardiff. Or Wales. Britain, the world .. I mean, planets."

Nervousness had quickly devolved into fear as Prelle felt all three of her stomachs sink simultaneously. "I-...I don't quite know what you're talking about," she replied, trying to sound as human as one could be when asked what planet they were from. Earth was supposed to be Level 5, after all... Plus the SP would have been extremely cross with her if she didn't stick to the story, and the Judoon could be almost as frightening as them.

The two men had gone back to bickering about their trip so-it-seemed, and because of this (and the fact that she was inwardly scared almost to death by the previous mention), she found it best to get out of there as quickly as possible. "S-sorry, I should probably get these groceries home, thank you again for the help..!"

That said, the woman had gripped the rolling luggage handle tightly and immediately spun on heel, moving to head back up to the station as quickly as she as able without winding herself again just in time to bump into another man heading the opposite direction. The force had jostled his sunglasses off and the redhead inwardly cursed her horrible luck today as she muttered an apology and knelt to pick them up, only to glance up into a pair of full black sclera eyes.

No... She'd seen those eyes before. Her blood practically froze in that instant and eyes widened, but the numbness only lasted a second when some sort of odd-looking weapon was drawn. Instantly she'd yelped and fallen back, knocking her bag over and sending a few of the unzipped contents rolling out. Desperate for something, the woman instinctively grabbed the closest thing to her...which happened to be a cantaloupe she'd bought...and promptly chucked it at his head. As it struck and knocked the figure off balance it might have been something out of a comedy were it not for the fact that in the confusion the weapon had gone off and scorched the sidewalk with some sort of plasma-esque charge at the same moment the onyx eyes took on a twinge of electrical current, causing some of the people around to scream and run.

In the meanwhile Prelle had scrambled to her feet and done pretty much the same thing, running as fast as she physically could back between and then past the two Time Lords. They'd have to forgive her own rudeness in this particular instant as her full focus had gone to getting the hell out of there when the fear/survival instinct kicked in. At this point it seemed that being out of breath was the least of her worries, though the fact that she needed all the breath she had was the only thing keeping her "Helpmehelpmehelpmehelpme..!"'s to a swiftly whispered prayer/plea while the slightly more inhuman attacker had moved to barge through in chase, gun lifted.

This was not happening! She was supposed to just be paranoid! They'd promised..!
Filua Prelle Nuj
Filua Prelle Nuj

Back to top Go down

Post by The Insane Master Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:49 pm

"I never said I wanted to stay with you." The Master pointed out and shook his head, "Hell no." He grumbled and looked at the Doctor properly for the first time he had walked out the TARDIS, "Oh yeah, 'cuz that's going to make this all better. You're still a coward, no matter what you look like." He said quietly and looked back to the lady in front yet again.

"Oh that's it, go and deny it." The Time Lord said in an annoyed tone and frowned, ignoring what the Doctor was saying to him mentally, blocking him from his mind. "Stop it." He said to the Doctor quietly, not wanting to be teased, mentally or otherwise. Otherwise he might end up strangling the Doctor to death, again. That was fun, he should do it more often.

"It's the only thing that keeps me from not being bored." He complained to the Doctor quietly again and watched as the women walked off. "Bye then." He said sarcasticly and shook his head. "I am not staying for as long as you bloody like. I'm going now!" He was about to walk back into the TARDIS when screaming humans got his attention.

"What the-" He looked around to see the scorch mark and raised a brow, then looked to the humans, who were obviously in panick mode. "Oh that's it, go into panick mode and run around screamng while someone obviously wants to kill another person. Oh don't worry, they won't aim at you, but I wouldn't blame that person. Human instinct's are pathetic!" He praticly insulted the human race and shook his head. His gaze was fixed on the lady he had seen walking away moments ago, frowning a little. "Calm down!" He snapped to the lady.
The Insane Master
The Insane Master
The Master
The Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eleventh Doctor Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:59 pm

The Doctor glared at him, "Do not insult my appearance. You look like a human teenager who's just shoplifter from .. Tesco or something," he grumbled, his insult drowning. Why couldn't he be mean? It was so unfair.

He went to grab the Master by the shirt when he turned to go in, then froze, having been about to remind him that as they were in Cardiff, the could get his laser screwdriver back, but he said nothing, watching the humans and the woman, then looking for the source of the gun.

"Hold on, wait. Why are they after you?" he called to the woman, hoping that the TARDIS wasn't going to get hurt. That was his first thought, because they'd just spent enough time repairing a bit of her, but then he didn't want anyone else to get hurt. Aka. Humans, or aliens.
The Eleventh Doctor
The Eleventh Doctor
The Eleventh Doctor
The Eleventh Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Filua Prelle Nuj Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:38 pm

"Calm down!"

The sandy blondish man would have to forgive her for not hearing (or maybe just responding to) that, considering her heart was beating hard in her ears as she ran past the two with a plasma gun-toting figuring a few steps behind her. It was a little difficult to just stop and calm down at that point.

""Hold on, wait. Why are they after you?"

"L-long story..!" she managed, deciding not to look back just yet as she moved as quickly as she could. The seemingly featureless figure had been on her tail, running through and practically shoving the two men out of its way on its move through between them, though it didn't raise its weapon on either in the process. Whoever (or whatever) it was, it seemed to know that indiscriminately firing a weapon unnatural for this world was sloppy and an easy way to have Judoon on its ass before the job was complete. The premature firing had been a miscalculation that would no doubt have repercussions later, even if the assignment were to be completed, which led to an even more discontent hostile alien.

It wasn't until Prelle had spun herself out of the way of a passerby and around a corner into a nearby alley that the whole of the situation became clear. Oh Hyne, Evithex, other secular dieties, even whatever people worshiped on this particular planet! Why were they here!? Wasn't this remote world supposed to be one they were least likely to check if they found out?! Hell, how had they found out..?!

....And why did she have to have the worst luck in the universe to choose to run into a dead end back alley..?

The woman hadn't gotten too far when she realized that bit of misdirection and turned around, coming face to face with the black-eyed form now blocking the exit at the edge of the buildings...and she felt her stomachs sink all at once again.
Filua Prelle Nuj
Filua Prelle Nuj

Back to top Go down

Post by The Insane Master Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:05 am

The Master smirked at the Doctor's pathetic attempt to insult him, "I can insult your apperance if I like. Ha! You can't be mean, it's even worse in this incarnation." He waved a hand at the Doctor. Seeing that the lady had said nothing or even reacted to his outbrust, he frowned, "Oh this is really not my day. First I get lost, then almost flattened. Surrounded by stupid screaming apes and now a women who ignores me!" He grumbled to himself unhappily and shook his head, sighing fustratedly. Hearing that the women answered to the Doctor, he frowned, "Oh yeah, answer the skinny guy in a suit." He said sarcasticly, still talking to himself.

Having been shoved passed, he stumbled a little before turning to see the guy who pushed past, his mood worsening, "Oi watch were your running you pathetic low life!" He shouted to the guy, insulting him, not caring for what consiquences it could bring, no one shoved past him like that, ever. If they knew what was good for them.

Watching her, he noticed that she was trapped and rolled his eyes, "People never seem to think when they panick." He glanced around and smiled darkly, remembering he had put an apple in his pocket. Why do I have the apple again?...Oh right, breakfast when I was trying to find the console. He thought to himself and looked at the apple, "Don't feel like beakfast anyway." He muttered at threw it towards the man, hoping to hit his back and get his attention.
The Insane Master
The Insane Master
The Master
The Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eleventh Doctor Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:22 am

The Doctor hit his brother's arm, glaring. He grumbled something along the lines of 'shut up, stupid mean brother', which was another pathetic attempt. He gestured to himself. "Koschei, I am not wearing a suit. This is called jeans, shirt, tie, blazer and trainers," [color=red] he pointed out.

He watched the form carefully, unable to atop a grin when the Mster threw the apple at it. It was a good distraction, and he looked at the Master, mouthing, 'Keep distracting it. Try not to get hurt' before moving away from him, intending to go around.
The Eleventh Doctor
The Eleventh Doctor
The Eleventh Doctor
The Eleventh Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Filua Prelle Nuj Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:17 am

The weapon had been raised from the shadowed figure and Prelle took a few steps back, staring it down and breathing heavily as her mind raced trying to figure out what to do. There wasn't much time and she cringed slightly, closing her eyes tight...

...Before the motion to pull the trigger was halted by the sudden strike from behind and the would-be assassin quickly turned its electrified eyes back towards the one who'd thrown the item. A noise like the hiss of electrical current escaped, causing the Salusian's eyes to quickly snap back open and realize that the assailant had gotten distracted. In such a case she quickly returned to looking around for a good escape point, though she also fumbled in her pockets for something as she did so.

"This matter does not concern you, human!" the almost white noise-sounding voice crackled from the figure, glaring as the Master as best a mostly featureless silhouette of a form could. Obviously it either didn't have the technology on-hand or simply had deemed it unnecessary to tap into to realize that it was dealing with another type of Non-Terran.
Filua Prelle Nuj
Filua Prelle Nuj

Back to top Go down

Post by The Insane Master Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:22 pm

The Master glanced at the Doctor hearing him speak to him and studied his clothes for a moment before shrugging in a dismisive manner, "I'm used to the suit, not what your wearing at this moment in time." He murmered truthfully and nodded when the Doctor told him to keep the figure distracted. He would try his best but then what would happen after the lady got away? He'd think about it when it came. His cold gaze went back to the figure he threw the apple at and narrowed his eyes.

His gaze shifted from the figure that turned to look at him, glad that he had taken noticed of the hit and glad to see that the lady was trying to get away out of harm. Hearing the hiss, a smile tugged at the corner of his lips, in a smug way. "Aww what's wrong? Don't like being hit by apple's?" He taunted, "Apple's are supposed to be good for you and you wasted it, such a waste of food." He tutted shaking his head mockingly.

Hearing that he was called a human, he growled, "Human?!" He snarled angryly, "Are you really that thick? Oh sure I may look 'human'..." He spat the word out, loathing humans,
"..But if you check again, I think you'll find I'm far from that and if you have any sense in that thick head of your's, then you'd check again because the next time you call me a human...I swear I will kill you with my bear hands. Do you understand?" He growled. How dare he be called a human. Humans who he hated. Humans who were thick and wouldn't believe an alien if it was standing right before them!
The Insane Master
The Insane Master
The Master
The Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eleventh Doctor Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:31 pm

The Doctor rolled his eyes, "Right. Thank you," he quickly told him, taking the chance to dart around the alien, looking past to the woman. He carefully moved behind the alien, holding his hand out to her. 'This way,' he mouthed at her, glancing quickly to see if the Master was distracting it still.

At the reaction of the insult - in the Master's mind - he surprised a laugh, smiling instead. He knew how much the Master hated being called a human, or compared to one. He himself got annoyed at times, because it was almost natural to him. Although the Master had more violent reactions than he did, normally.
The Eleventh Doctor
The Eleventh Doctor
The Eleventh Doctor
The Eleventh Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Filua Prelle Nuj Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:22 pm

The silhouetted figure seemed to release another, albeit more subtle, electrical hiss at the man's taunting, obviously not taking well to being distracted from its task. It was about to dismiss him when the (seemingly) human went off on a tirade about not being classified as such. For a second the glowing eyes flashed faintly, seeming to take in a genetic scan which was certainly non-Terran but not immediately registered. If it had any true features they might have taken on a scowl.

"Non-Terran. Shadow Proclamation?" That seemed like the second most logical choice given the circumstances, and with that thought in mind the weapon had been pointed his way.

In the meanwhile Prelle had been quick to find something she was looking for, clenching it tightly around her fist as it slowly exited her pocket, only to put on an almost shocked expression as the man that had helped her before made a very thief-like set of stealthy movements to get around the assailant. Her mind had been racing too fast to register the conversation going on during the distraction at that exact second -- though surely it would creep back up on her later. He had mouthed a few words in English that were swiftly recognized and held out a hand, to which she gave a careful nod in response and she slowly moved toward him and reached out to take the hand with the one she had free.

It hadn't gotten the entire way, however, when the movement was caught by the shadowed alien and another blast of current was fired from the weapon between their two hands, shorting out the digital watch she was wearing on her wrist as she quickly retracted it with a stifled yelp.

On instinct she remembered the item in her other fist and with a swift motion brought it up, pulling one end over the tip of an index finger while the other end was wrapped around the opposite thumb and stretched back. A snap echoed in the alley brought the realization that it was a rubber band, the simple supply piece sent flying at the creature's head and straight through between its eyes as its head briefly crackled and a white noise 'yell' escaped, obviously momentarily disoriented from the electrical insulator breaking the flow of current that was its real form.

"R-run, please..!" she exclaimed in response to the other men, moving to half-push the closest of the two back out of the alley as she did so. Of course she had no idea where she was going to go in the short time before the would-be assassin collected himself, but away from the dead end seemed like a good place to start. If she ended up surviving this, she owed the two of them, whoever they were!
Filua Prelle Nuj
Filua Prelle Nuj

Back to top Go down

Post by The Insane Master Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:07 am

The Master just smiled at the hiss, shaking his head, "Well that's nice of you. No 'Hello' or 'How are you?' " He said, pouting and smirked, shaking his head. The thing infront of him obviously wasn't happy at him but it was making his own mood brighten a bit. Insulting or hurting someone nearly always brought his bad mood up. He ran a hand through his messy hair, letting it fall after a moment as he waited.

"Shadow Proclamation? Are you saying that I'm a stupid clumsy Rhino?" He questioned as his eyes narrowed at the figure, not impressed. "But no...Not Shadow Proclamation." He said with a smirk and shook his head, "You can't even get the speices right can you? How pathetic." He chuckled quietly and glanced at the weapon pointed his way. "Do you mind not pointing that at me." He said, suddenly serious again.

His gaze shifted from the figure to the Doctor and the lady when he saw the weapon being fired at them, "You could have someone's head off with that." He smirked and shook his head a little. Upon hearing a snap, he frowned slightly and looked back at the figure smiling a little, "Good shot." He commented, watching the figure for a moment before looking at the two.

Hearing the lady say "Run.", he sighed and glanced at the figure before following after the Doctor and the lady. He just hoped that it would recover to quickly or it would be a little difficult to get themsevles out of it. He grinned as he moved alongside them, side-glancing at him quickly before looking around. TARDIS? He asked the Doctor simply.
The Insane Master
The Insane Master
The Master
The Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eleventh Doctor Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:32 am

The Doctor flinched back at the shot that was fired, having no desire to lose his hand again. It wasn't nice the first time, and certainly wouldn't another time, as his regenerative cycle was up. "Mind not complimenting on how good shots are?" he glanced towards the Master.

He quickly ran after the woman, ignoring the half-push. He was calculating a route, and as he evened his pace with her, catching up, he gestured they both follow him, taking a sharp turn to the right, down a different street. Briefly, the Time Lord looked back at his brother.

No. If it keeps following us, I'm not leading it back to her. Think of something to do to stop it. If you can, try not to include killing, he mentally responded to the Master, and then when back to focusing on the route, whilst trying to work out what the alien was.
The Eleventh Doctor
The Eleventh Doctor
The Eleventh Doctor
The Eleventh Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Filua Prelle Nuj Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:20 am

The two Time Lords would be quite quick to catch up (and probably take the lead), actually, considering it was obvious that the outedly alien woman wasn't quite made for this kind of extra energy burn. In fact at this point Prelle was just running on a self-induced sodium shock to her metabolism (which she'd no-doubt regret later) as well as basic survival instincts. Morbid as it was, if she was going to die today, she'd prefer it be self-inflicted exhaustion first.

Noting the gesture given towards the right, she managed a very slight nod and followed suit, though green eyes were quick to dart around the scenery both on the ground and above, taking quick breaths between words to keep up with them. "J-just need to...stay away...from power lines and...other electrical sources..! They can...travel through them...and control the flow..!"

Secretly she bit into her lower lip a little. She knew exactly who they were dealing with, and had definitely not expected her paranoia to turn into anything like this. Where are they..?! They didn't really just leave me here, did they?! Inwardly part of Prelle's fear was momentarily replaced with frustration towards a certain police organization, though she didn't know about the Rift so maybe it was messing with sensors. At the moment she could only think that they hadn't left a ship in the area or someone had fallen asleep on the job.

((Ugh, sorry for the slowness! Our Internet has been down at home for a while and it's difficult to write out decent posts on an iPhone. -_- Will hopefully have everything working again by tomorrow.))
Filua Prelle Nuj
Filua Prelle Nuj

Back to top Go down

Post by The Insane Master Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:24 am

"I was 'complimenting' the lady's shot although it's too bad the..thing missed you." The Master grinned shaking his head a little, still following near the Doctor and the lady. Glancing to the Doctor, he noticed that he was going right, same for the lady so followed them both down there, not really wanting to stay and get killed by whatever it was that he had been insulting/annoying.

Why not? Not like it can get into the TARDIS. He pointed out and rolled his eyes, Uh huh, I'll try. He sighed and glanced to the lady as she spoke, obviously tired by the way she was breathing. He was glad Time Lords had a bit more stamina. He nodded,
"Ok." He muttered, mentally noting it as well.

((Ah don't worry, I'm just as bad XD It's fine ^^))
The Insane Master
The Insane Master
The Master
The Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eleventh Doctor Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:28 am

The Doctor didn't reply to him, just rolling his eyes. Typical that the Master would say that. He had almost anticipated the exact same words. He glanced back to the Master, and grinned, noting his silence afterwards, "Talking to yourself again?" he asked.

At her words, he nodded, processing the information in his mind, and keeping away from as many electrical sources as he could, keeping the pace with both of them.
"Right .. Hmm .. We could head towards the Bay?" he suggested to them, glancing from one to the other, after a few moments of thought.
The Eleventh Doctor
The Eleventh Doctor
The Eleventh Doctor
The Eleventh Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: